SOME SIMPLE CODING IS REQUIRED to hook this up to your game.
This is a simple to use Multi-Channel Chat System, using Unity 5’s UNET API.
Nearly “Out of the box” functional networked chat system. Merely drag in the prefab onto your Canvas. In your Player script you need to add the “bring up chat” button logic (some simple solution is included in demo scene), then it just works.
- NEW in 1.2 Fully customizable word filter – block any word, with any text – no programming required, 100% Inspector supported
- NEW in 1.2 Fully customizable Chat Commands – /anytext = execute function of your choice – Inspector support – just write your function & bind it in the editor
- Support nearly unlimited chat channels (groups)
- Channel Prefix on each message
- Customizable, color coded channels
- Custom Inspector Editor for easy addition/modification of Chat Channels
- On Chat Box activation: Inform user where their message is being sent
- Fade in/out chat box
- UNET backend – no external networking asset purchases required
- Message limit per channel
- Client name synchronization
- Pluggable – minimal code required to integrate with your project, source code informs you of exactly where to add such changes.
- Well documented, formatted, and commented C# source code included, with some tips on integration