A simple, drag and drop Chat System for your Unity UNET or Mirror game! Out of the box functional networked chat system. Simply drag in the prefab onto your Canvas. Attach the ChatPlayer script to your Player Object, then it just works!
Before importing this package, ensure you have Mirror or UNET already in your project!
- Mirror Support (optional, UNET still supported)
- Full Text Mesh Pro support
- Object Pooled Messages
- Dynamic Joining/Leaving Channel Support
- Dynamic Channel Creation Support
- Fully Custom Inspector
- Custom Message Formatting
- Fully customizable word filter - block any word, via regular expression - no programming required
- Fully customizable Chat Commands - /anytext = execute function of your choice - Inspector support - just write your function and bind it in the editor
- Support nearly unlimited chat channels
- Customizable Message Format
- Customizable, color coded channels
- Custom Inspector Editor for easy addition/modification of Chat Channels
- On Chat Box activation: Inform user where their message is being sent
- Fade in/out chat box
- Mirror or UNET backend - no external networking asset purchases required
- Message limit
- Client name synchronization
- Drag and Drop functional - Zero Code Required to integrate with your project.
- Well documented, formatted, and commented C# source code included.
Requires Unity 2019.4 LTS or higher. Need more features? Consider Llama Chat - the Social Platform for your Unity game! Not sure which to get? Check out the Chat System Comparison